Friday, September 9, 2011

Cheater Cheater Biscuit Eater!


   No, I did not eat a biscuit. I did, however eat an egg McMuffin.  I saw that commercial about how it only has 300 calories and I was sucked in just like a super nova getting sucked into a celestial black hole (I don't know if that is even possible).  Actually the calorie count was completely respectable, but it left me feeling draggy and tired. 

  This proves what I've been thinking all along.  It is not just about calories!  Let's face it, if it was, then I could eat 1200 calories worth of marshmallows!  I don't even have to try that one to know that I would feel like I had been hit by a freight train! Besides, I don't even like marshmallows.

  Some would have me believe that it's just consumed calories verses burned calories.  Eat fewer calories than you burn and you lose weight.  I'm sure that's true, but you are not going to be healthy or feel good if you don't put good things into your body, period.  That trip to McDonalds also sent me into a downward spiral of eating in an unhealthy fashion the rest of the day. 

  It's a good thing that I had a brand new opportunity to eat right the next day, or else I would have been so depressed I wouldn’t have been able to stand myself. New opportunity comes in many forms. It would be easy for me to get all tore up about the food mistake I made and allow it to get the best of me. But instead I’ll look at it as a new opportunity, the opportunity to learn from my mistake and an opportunity to be a better eater the next day. I love new chances! They are like a clean burst of air in my lungs or the amazing feeling of a huge burden being lifted off ones shoulders. It’s the best! And I love it when it comes my way!                                                                

  Even my Jesus is the God of second chances! How awesome is that?! He picks me up every time I stumble (which is all the time). He dusts me off and stands me back up and sends me on my way once again. I usually have no idea where He is sending me, but I will just trust that He knows best! He does know best, and that is the best part of this whole Christ following adventure that I am on!

Beer cans from 1973 when the house was built. Found in wall by plumber.
  Life is full of challenges, day in and day out and I can’t allow myself to be tossed around like a plastic bag on the interstate. Today, even as I sit here typing, I have a plumber in my house who tells me the only way to repair our water issues will be with all new plumbing. Not just the shower or the sink, but the entire house!  My heart is about to beat out of my chest! And I’m pretty sure I feel a full blown panic attack coming on. I’m also pretty sure this will be big money. Big money we don’t have. But, I am trusting Him. He has never abandoned us, not even once. I don’t have the answers, but He does! I have no idea how this “new opportunity” will pan out, but in the end, it will all be good, because He is good. End of story.  

4 comments:

  1. Praying for your plumbing situation!! And, as a side note- I make the boys homemade egg mcmuffins and they are much healthier. You can use a whole grain english muffin and even get some good fiber. I use turkey sausage patties that don't have any nitrites or nitrates(cancer causing perservatives) in them, cage free eggs and little hormone free cheese. They are delicious!! They have about 275 calories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks we need lots of prayer. And thanks for the yummy idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying too for the plumbing issue. I know it's stressful especially when someone is saying there is no other option. but like I mentioned, that shower felt great the other day!! :) so glad you have this blog. Unlike a diet where it feels temporary and transient, this blog makes it applicable to everyday life and seems to be making it a lifestyle change instead of a fad diet. Joy comes in the morning :) and it seems that egg mcmuffin was not joy for you haha. But that idea your friend gave does sound good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl I am praying to our God to provide abundantly for you... i love this post.. and it made me think of lamentations 3:23 His mercies are new every morning!

    ReplyDelete