Thursday, September 15, 2011

What Happened to My Fishsticks?


   We had new flooring put down in our kitchen today and it looks marvelous darling! But before you can put down a new floor you must move everything off the old floor. So at 6 am this morning we started moving everything out and into the living room.  This makes for a mess that is strait up tragic!  I understand it is necessary, but it is testing every ounce of patience I have.  This is a list of everything in my living room at this very moment: dining room table, china cabinet, one couch, one oversized chair, one entertainment  center, a computer desk, piano, kitchen table, 4 kitchen chairs, an electric fire place, ottoman, side table,  my great grandmothers sewing table,  baby high chair, and last but not least-our refrigerator.  We can’t even see the TV, we just listen to it like it's 1945 and the “Little Orphan Annie “ show is on!  Did I mention that this room is only 260 square feet? 

   I understand that this problem is temporary, but the real tragedy in all of this is that I had to share my living space with the fridge all day and all evening.  As I sat curled up in the oversized chair working at my lap top, I realized I was only about 2 feet away from my arch nemesis the afore mentioned fridge! This would not be a problem for any normal person, but I am not normal.  I began to feel its magnetic pull. You know what I mean, the part of you that opens the fridge door 20 times a day expecting to discover some new treasure that wasn’t in there previously.  It was calling out with its siren song, and I was close enough that I could have reached it without ever leaving the comfort of the chair.  This is not good.  I’m pretty sure I felt it staring at me at least once. 

   It is not healthy to share a close space with a large appliance that holds so many delightful things!  This is like asking my cat to keep an eye on my fish sticks. Not a good idea. 

   Needless to say, I have not done well on my diet today.  I didn’t eat any of the list "no no’s”, just ate too many of the list “yes yeses”.  In case you didn’t realize, you can get fat on healthy food too. Too much of anything, is still too much.  I’m more than a little bummed out right now, but as I’ve said before, I’m just not going to waste time on the worry of it. Tomorrow is a new day and one way or another that fridge is going back to the kitchen!  

    This weekend will be spent at the river with 4 of my dearest friends! I’m crazy excited about it! But we all know that food will be one of the main sources of entertainment.  So alas, I will have to be on my A game lest I undo 4 weeks of intense life style changing torture.  At any rate, I’m sure I will have some crazy stories to share when I return!  If you think about it….say a pray for me.  Not kidding.               

No comments:

Post a Comment