Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Snarky, Rude and Opinionated!

  This week I was de-friended on Facebook! Can you believe it?  I can. I can be a tad opinionated and snarky. Ok, maybe it’s a bit more than “tad”. At any rate, some people just can’t take me in large doses (or small for that matter).  But that’s ok. It’s not like this is a new development in my life. I didn’t suddenly wake up one day and decide to be annoying.  In fact, I don't think I could change if I wanted. I am what I am and that will have to be good enough!

   My only regret in getting de-friended is that I didn’t really deserve it.  I wish I could say I had been booted from someone’s precious friend list because I made some rogue political or religious statement, or I told somebody they were fat or stupid (or fat and stupid).   Now that’s a fine reason indeed to remove me!  But it was one of those situations where someone just read something that simply “wasn’t”’, into a statement that I made.  What’s even crazier, I didn’t even know this person!  Why do we accept friend request from people we don’t know?  Maybe you don’t do this, but if I see that we have several friends in common, I assume they are a safe bet and I go for it! I’ve had some really good conversations with just such folks!   Well, lesson learned here people! If I don’t know you….don‘t ask me to be your friend! !!!  I will hit the “ignore” button.

   To those of you who “understand” me and make the choice to still call me friend…kudos!!  I love you! You’re the best!  If I do offend you in some way, just message me politely and we will have a frank and honest discussion.  It would be just lovely I bet! But if you call me out in front of God and everybody, I will get nasty!  I just won’t be able to stop myself!  It’s my worst character trait and I work really hard to keep it reeled in, but a public smack down will make my horns pop out! 

   We all want people to like us, but honestly it’s just not possible.  We can’t be people pleasers, no one will respect us.  We have to be honest in the most loving manner possible and weigh the actions and attitudes of others fairly (especially if we want them to do the same for us!).  
 
   A co-worker called me out this week for grabbing a piece of bubble gum out of a bag of candy. She ask if I really wanted to waste calories on something so ridiculous.  She was right, I didn’t.  Did I enjoy being told I didn’t need it? No, I didn’t.  Was I happy she said it?  Yes I was!   I wish she would follow me around all day doing that! Imagine the trouble she would help me to avoid!!!   That’s the kind of “call out” we can use. If it isn’t helpful, do us all a favor…keep it to your grouchy self.  

1 comment: